The legal process of buying or selling a house needn’t be daunting. Our team have experience and expertise and are here to make this aspect of your move as stress-free as possible.
We have set out the legal process in ten simple steps:
- The Draft Contract is drawn up by the seller’s solicitors stating the particulars and conditions of sale including the details of the accepted verbal offer. This draft can/will be altered by both sides in the coming weeks.
- Preliminary enquiries are sent by the buyer’s solicitor to the seller’s solicitor requesting information such as any boundary disputes, restrictive covenants and rights of way.
- The Property Information Form is sent to the seller to complete then sent to the buyer. The buyer should check it tallies with the agreed verbal agreement, including fixtures and fittings.
- Title Documentation is reviewed by the buyer’s solicitor reviews to confirm that the seller actually owns the property.
- Local Search is carried out which checks for any Planning Permissions that may have been applied for relating to the property.
- The Draft Contract is approved by both sides and is ready for both parties to sign.
- Formal mortgage offer is required from the lender at this point.
- Completion date arranged between all parties (estate agents, solicitors, buyers and sellers in the chain).
- Exchange: both the seller and buyer sign the contracts and copies are exchanged by their solicitor.
- Completion: on this day funds will be transferred, and transfer of ownership takes place.
Call our team today for more information or to receive a quote.
Last Updated: Thursday 25th April 2019
FIND OUT MORE