01522 513 399
shop front
Dale & Co. Solicitors Lincoln

Specialist Solicitors in Family Law, Divorce,
Property, Conveyancing, Probate, Wills and Powers of Attorney.

DALE & Co. Solicitors Lincoln
Georgia Corby
Solicitor Director. Head of Family Law Department
Divorce Or Separation

Child Maintenance

Child Maintenance is often paid by agreement, based on Child Support Agency guidelines of 15% net income for one child, 20% for two children and 25% for three or more children (this can vary). If an agreement cannot be reached, you can make an application to the Child Maintenance Service. The Child Maintenance Service can do things like calculating or reviewing payments, arranging for payments to be made, passing on those payments and taking relevant action if payments are not made. Usually there is no need to take matters to a court of law.

The court can only make orders in respect of child maintenance if:

  • The other parent lives abroad
  • The child is 19 or above and still in full time education
  • The child has disabilities – mental or physical
  • To apply for top-up payment if the other parent is wealthy
  • For school fees
  • If a claim is for step-children
  • There is already a maintenance order in force.

Contact Dale & Co. for further advice and information.

Last Updated: Thursday 25th April 2019